Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Anyone having it on the MacBook, where the screen is waking up from sleep, despite no input?

I leave my display open overnight regularly, whilst my MacBook runs things overnight, whilst display is off (rendering, or whatnot). With Mojave, I've noticed that after putting the display to sleep, within a minute, it wakes back up, as if I'd not put it to sleep. If I elect to lock the screen, then let it go off, it comes back on.

It will then go back off, then come back on and had done that repeatedly the last couple nights. Although I don't remember it doing that initially after installing Mojave, but I might just have not noticed due to tiredness. Mojave is the only change since this has started, thus my logic is that's the cause. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if they resolved it alone. I am giving feedback, once I'm sure it's Mojave's fault.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Anyone having it on the MacBook, where the screen is waking up from sleep, despite no input?

I leave my display open overnight regularly, whilst my MacBook runs things overnight, whilst display is off (rendering, or whatnot). With Mojave, I've noticed that after putting the display to sleep, within a minute, it wakes back up, as if I'd not put it to sleep. If I elect to lock the screen, then let it go off, it comes back on.

It will then go back off, then come back on and had done that repeatedly the last couple nights. Although I don't remember it doing that initially after installing Mojave, but I might just have not noticed due to tiredness. Mojave is the only change since this has started, thus my logic is that's the cause. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if they resolved it alone. I am giving feedback, once I'm sure it's Mojave's fault.

I reinstalled High Sierra onto my 2013 iMac a while back. Right away I realized it would not let the screen sleep. I could put it to sleep but it would light up again in a few seconds. Same with locking. After searching around quite a bit, I found an obscure solution that might help you:
Go to System Preferences > Printers. In the sidebar where printers are listed, you need right click in there and click “Reset Printing Subsystem”. I don’t recall if a reboot was required, but it solved my problem. This works whether you have a printer installed or not. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.