Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jake123456789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
I've been using ScreenFlow 10 since I bought this M2 MBP in April.

I didn't use Screenflow for, maybe, a month. And now it won't authorize the screen capture.

In Screenflow, on the permissions tab, there's no green checkmark next to "Enable Screen Capture."

I've clicked through to Settings, where Screen Recording shows both Screenflow 10 and Screenflow Helper are authorized.

So it seems the OS authorizes it but the app doesn't recognize that the OS has authorized it.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Screenflow.

This is the app store version of Screenflow.

My system automatically updates, so I'm now on Sonoma 14.0 and Screenflow 10.0.9.

Any suggestions?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Reset Screen Recording permissions, reboot, start the app and it should ask for permission again.
To reset Screen Recording, from Terminal

Code:
tccutil reset ScreenCapture

Jake123456789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
Reset Screen Recording permissions, reboot, start the app and it should ask for permission again.
To reset Screen Recording, from Terminal

Code:
tccutil reset ScreenCapture
Thanks for replying. I tried that, but it didn't solve the problem.

This screenshot shows the strange combination of statuses that I have, where the OS says screen recording is enabled but the app says it isn't enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 19.20.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 19.20.29.png
    415.5 KB · Views: 76

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Try to close the app, turn off the permission from System Settings, close System Settings, then turn it on again.

You could also try to remove the permission from System Settings, install the dmg version of the app, open it and grant the permission, then install the App Store version.

https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/free-trial.htm
At the moment
Code:
https://www.telestream.net/download-files/screenflow/10-0/ScreenFlow-10.0.9.dmg

AnnDeha

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2023

I didn't use Screenflow for, maybe, a month. And now it won't authorize the screen capture.

In Screenflow, on the permissions tab, there's no green checkmark next to "Enable Screen Capture."

I've clicked through to Settings, where Screen Recording shows both Screenflow 10 and Screenflow Helper are authorized.

So it seems the OS authorizes it but the app doesn't recognize that the OS has authorized it.

My system automatically updates, so I'm now on Sonoma 14.0 and Screenflow 10.0.9.

Any suggestions?
Dear, did you find a solution, above won't help

soundsgoodtome

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm having the same problem. In my case, however, the app shows that everything is authorized (except for the camera, which I've never needed nor used, despite using ScreenFlow for many years; so I'm pretty sure that's unrelated).

I last used Screenflow two or three months ago (roughly), but now it no longer works. I'm in Screenflow 10.0.10 in Sonoma 14.4, which is a beta build of macOS. Are you running a beta build? I wonder if that might be related.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 9.34.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 9.34.45 PM.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 24

OneTraveler

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2002
End of the Earth
Hoping a solution appears...ive lost track of the permutations I have tried. It's always this warning, and ive made sure to grant permission in System Settings (manually, as the helper app is buried within the package and can't be added otherwise)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.34.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.34.00 PM.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

rueedi

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2024

Any suggestions?
- record the screen with any recorder
- open screenflow and new document
- place the record in the mediathek
- place the record from the mediathek in the stage
- go as always

soundsgoodtome

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Los Angeles
Same issue. Opened a ticket.

Their response:
"We recommend you reset ScreenFlow preferences to clean any corrupted files. Click here to download the tool:
https://www.telestream.net/download-files/screenflow/GatherScreenFlowDiagnostics.zip"

I even have removed the cache manually from:
\Library\Containers\net.telestream.screenflow10\Data\Library\Caches

Not working yet.
In my case, this issue was related to the beta build of Sonoma I was running at the time. After the next build was pushed out, the issue was resolved.

Reactions: TweakOnline
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.