Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conanthewarrior

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a M1 Pro 14 inch macbook pro that has a weird issue when it goes to the screensaver.

It was OK until a few days ago, but now instead of showing the chosen screensaver it just shows a blank yellow-greenish screen.

Any ideas on how to sort this as I quite liked the screensaver footage that is shown.

Thank you all, Conan.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Thank you for your advice, I will try this out, but how do I re-download the screensavers?
Open System Settings – Wallpaper and select the default one (Sonoma Horizon). Delete the files and restart the Mac, then open System Settings – Wallpaper and select the one you want again. It should be re-downloaded.

To prevent any modification to the files, you can use the first command from post 27
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sonoma-aerial-screen-saver-freezing.2405520/post-32799473

conanthewarrior

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Its odd, I don't have that folder in my library under application support, could this be the reason why I am just getting a yellow screen as the files are not there?
Just to clarify, it’s not in your (user) library (-/Library), it’s in the system’s library (/Library).

The_Auryn

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
I just started having the problem on a 27" 2020 iMac. When the screensaver comes on, it's just a yellow screen.

conanthewarrior

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
I just started having the problem on a 27" 2020 iMac. When the screensaver comes on, it's just a yellow screen.
Mine resolved itself after a few weeks, not sure if there was a system update that sorted it or it just fixed itself, but it is quite annoying isn't it.
Try deleting the files as bogdanw suggested and see if it fixes the problem, let us know the outcome please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.