Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
Sometimes if I take a screenshot and then edit the screenshot, once I save it the edits don't save. I have to then re edit them using the Photos app.

But that's not all. The screenshot editor after that doesn't come up at all when I take new screenshots, only the sound is there and no animations. If I restart the phone it works again.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

MisFire21

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2017
I have been having this problem recently. I had not tried restarting the phone. I am doing that now tho. Hopefully it does not keep happening

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Sometimes if I take a screenshot and then edit the screenshot, once I save it the edits don't save. I have to then re edit them using the Photos app.

But that's not all. The screenshot editor after that doesn't come up at all when I take new screenshots, only the sound is there and no animations. If I restart the phone it works again.

Anyone else facing the same issue?
Yes, half the time since the last update, the screenshot animation doesn’t happen at all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.