Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Somehow my iPad stopped doing the thumbnail preview of screenshots, the one that lets you edit a screenshot before saving it. If I do a screenshot it goes straight to photos like iOS 10 and prior. Is this an option that I can turn on and off? I didn’t intentionally do anything, it just stopped working like it used to. Does anyone know how to re-enable this?

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Somehow my iPad stopped doing the thumbnail preview of screenshots, the one that lets you edit a screenshot before saving it. If I do a screenshot it goes straight to photos like iOS 10 and prior. Is this an option that I can turn on and off? I didn’t intentionally do anything, it just stopped working like it used to. Does anyone know how to re-enable this?
I'm having this issue on my iPhone. I'm not even getting the screen flash or anything actually. reboot temporarily fixes it. How about for you?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I'm having this issue on my iPhone. I'm not even getting the screen flash or anything actually. reboot temporarily fixes it. How about for you?

I’ll have to doublecheck tomorrow, but I don’t think a reboot even fixed it temporarily. It certainly didn’t fix it permanently. Thanks for the reply

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008

With the update for 11.2.1, it seems to have maybe fix this issue for me. I will report back if it starts not working again, but for now I am getting the screenshot preview like it used to. Thanks

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
With the update for 11.2.1, it seems to have maybe fix this issue for me. I will report back if it starts not working again, but for now I am getting the screenshot preview like it used to. Thanks
So far it's been better for me also but I'm still having issues with screenshot mark-ups not saving. I think that's iCloud photo library causing issues though

Reactions: jjk454ss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.