Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jentera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2023
Longtime Apple fan here. I've got 2 kids, one with an iPad 8 and one with an iPad 9 and I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro. All running the latest software. I have been trying to get the screentime app to function properly for over a year now and can't seem to make it happen. I thought it was user error at first, so I've tried logging in and out, deleting kids profile and re-adding, etc. I've dug into the settings multiple times to see if there's something there that I'm missing. My biggest issues are that the times and data are not updating properly. To see how long my kids have been on their screen, I have to open the screentime app on my phone, close it, re-open it and then *maybe* it will update. Sometimes it never updates. If I have a 3 hour limit, sometimes the iPad won't *honor* the limit I've put on it and just let them sail on past the 3 hour limit. It just seems extraordinarily buggy and it's been this way through software updates both small and large.

So, I guess my question is, am I the only one experiencing this issue to this extent? Apple usually solves severe bugginess within an update or two but this has been going on for a long time now. Has anyone come up with a workaround or hack to help the app function properly? Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.