Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abominog

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Hell A., California
The new pay- Napster is pee-cee only...gee what a surprise... *yawn*

Even at it's height it was crappilly implemented and catered to the lowest common denominator- this was especially true after the injunction when only the chat rooms were available. As an early- adopter of many technologies I, for one, will *never* spend 1 cent on their ridiculous subscription scheme for the privelage of downloading some half- arsed ska band's home- made demo, let a lone in some freikish proprietary format (.nap file?- HA)- much too "Big Brother"/Borg/Gatesian bullsheet for my blood. Of course, the hordes of pee-cee trolls will aquiesce like they always do to heavy- handed "benevolent" paternalism and I'm sure the new Napster will be a big hit.

Oh, did anyone already mention that Mactella is a much quicker (and nicer, IMO) Gnutella client than is LimeWire? Also, HotLine remains a staple for my I- already- own- it- just- getting legal- copies MP3 hunting and gathering.

keithcobbett

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2002
Hillsborough, NH
I agree. Who wants a Napster created file if you can't use one you stop paying for the service. I already paid for the flippin' music. Let me use it for life without paying for it!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.