Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngosta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hey just seeing if anyone else has this issue before I take it into the store.

On the side of my macbook to the left of the battary bay there are two small screws. Well the casing is kind of loose in that area.

I guess to describe it better the case is popping out a little. On the right side if I press of it it's pretty much flat against the frame but on the left side is I press on it will go in and out.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Don't press on it...

Hey just seeing if anyone else has this issue before I take it into the store.

On the side of my macbook to the left of the battary bay there are two small screws. Well the casing is kind of loose in that area.

I guess to describe it better the case is popping out a little. On the right side if I press of it it's pretty much flat against the frame but on the left side is I press on it will go in and out.

have the Apple Tech take a look at it, and they can decide what further action needs to be taken. There have been other threads about this issue, but I've not experienced the casing having too much play or the casing being uneven or bulging. (Are the SCREWS loose?) Keep us posted! :(

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
20080327-x956ec9jsi4cin5e1au15g8w4n.jpg

The two screws left of the battery doesn't actually hold anything other than a metal strip which isn't connected to anything on the inside... You can take it to Apple.. they'll just tighten the screws. You could just Tighten them yourself using a size "0#" Philips screw driver.

Yeah.. I know...
It's new and it's not quiet perfect.. but it's just two decorative screws. If the rest of the system is bug free, then save some fuel and tighten up.

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
tighten them yourself and be done with it. The Apple Stores are always completely slammed and it takes a while before you can see someone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.