Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Good question.

I just went through one of my backups. Recently they came up with TextBundle: http://textbundle.org/ and they're using it in the iOS version, and maybe even the Mac (I don't have it yet).

Probably will have a go at that actually.

I guess I'd rather deal with having to do this now, then figure out how to read WYSIWYG files ten years later. There's lots and lots of threads where people can't open old Word files, etc.

I was reading about TextBundle today on another blog site and how the Ulysses team was trying to use this as a means to get around OS X's restrictive sandbox. It's interesting.

Let me know how the Apple Script works out.

And that is my big push to writing Markdown. Even in Scrivener (I'm using Scrivener until I decide on another app), I've started writing in Markdown. Honestly, if Scrivener would highlight words like Ulysses does when you add markdown symbols I'd be fine, but they use an RTF editor which just renders all Markdown as plain text. I like how if I put a "#" in Ulysses it bolds/etc. the text.

I plan on having some of my personal writing...well, until I die. So I'd like a more open standard. At least I can File->Compile my projects as Markdown from Scrivener if the app is ever discontinued.

EDIT: Also, Marked 2 integrates pretty seamlessly with both Scrivener and TextBundle, so that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.