Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beachmusic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
St. George Island
Could you please stop the scroll arrows located in the bottom right corner from turning off and on? Please leave them on or off. The blinking is so distracting.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Could you please stop the scroll arrows located in the bottom right corner from turning off and on? Please leave them on or off. The blinking is so distracting.

There use to be a Safari extension that had the possibility to disable this, think it was a Javascript extension, just add some code and it would hide these arrows.
Sadly this extension is not available since Apple changed the way Extensions work, can't recall what exactly and when it changed, it's been a while though.
I agree though, leave them on or off, a setting maybe...hint.

Edit: Haha, I am using the brave browser now, can't login into MR on Safari for some weird reason, I just blocked scripts, gone are the arrows, so yeah, it's Javascript.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
There use to be a Safari extension that had the possibility to disable this
I've been using an app called Cascadea for CSS tweaks like this. It seems to use the content blocker API (I think) to do CSS tweaks. If you have the CSS for this arrow issue it should work in Cascadea.

Reactions: justperry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.