Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenLebon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
As from a few weeks ago, on both my Macs the vertical and horizontal scrolling sometimes stops working, on websites, in PDFs etc. Only way to solve is is to restart my Mac. After one or two days the issue returns…

I have this issue on both my iMacs with Monterey 12.0.1 installed, one 2021 M1 iMac, the other one a 2019 iMac.

Doesn’t matter whether I use my Magic Mouse or trackpad…

Is anybody experiencing the same or have a suggestion to solve this? Many thanks!

electrorocket

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2023
Known bug, has been fixed already. Update your OS.
I had this problem for ages on 12.6. I just updated to 12.6.7 and it's still a problem in Chrome and Pro Tools. Shift Scroll does nothing, when it should be horizontal scroll. Do you have any other advice?

Thanks.

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
I had this problem for ages on 12.6. I just updated to 12.6.7 and it's still a problem in Chrome and Pro Tools. Shift Scroll does nothing, when it should be horizontal scroll. Do you have any other advice?

Thanks.
i also had this issue on big sur and monterey but it turned out to be the cheap mouse i had(several) bought a track ball and that problem dissapeared

electrorocket

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2023
I also had this issue on big sur and monterey but it turned out to be the cheap mouse i had(several) bought a track ball and that problem disapeared.
I had a perfectly running Monterey. The only thing not working was holding down shift for horizontal scrolling with my Kensingotn trackball wheel! It worked fine on Mojave. I updated from 12.6 to 12.6.7. Same problem. Now it's on Ventura, and it's still a problem.

I tried MOS USB Overdrive, Kensington Mouseworks, Steermouse and one other I believe. MOS is the only one that allows for horizontal scrolling, but it only works in finder. Oddly enough, it works fine in the Windows VM I have in Parallels. I've tried multiple mice and keyboards.

There has to be a hidden config file somewhere that got corrupted or something. I have scoured the web and tried everything I could find or think of. I used to use it constantly for scrolling through timelines and editing.

• Sad
Reactions: MrScratchHook

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
I had a perfectly running Monterey. The only thing not working was holding down shift for horizontal scrolling with my Kensingotn trackball wheel! It worked fine on Mojave. I updated from 12.6 to 12.6.7. Same problem. Now it's on Ventura, and it's still a problem.

I tried MOS USB Overdrive, Kensington Mouseworks, Steermouse and one other I believe. MOS is the only one that allows for horizontal scrolling, but it only works in finder. Oddly enough, it works fine in the Windows VM I have in Parallels. I've tried multiple mice and keyboards.

There has to be a hidden config file somewhere that got corrupted or something. I have scoured the web and tried everything I could find or think of. I used to use it constantly for scrolling through timelines and editing.
the one i bought was a sanwa wired ergonomic wired trackball mouse. cost me 35 bucks, works great for me, no complaints.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.