Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul1762

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
does anyone else have an issue with SD cards not mounting in macOS 11... I have tried terminal in mounting the card, with no luck...

Paul

Reactions: Erlang

paul1762

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
Trying different adapter, plus brand/make, storage format type...
thanks for your reply, which I have now tried a new adapter... however I get this with all SD cards that worked before moving to MacOS 11

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Time to make sure you have copies of content your SD card.
I'd buy a new SDXC then format - consuder Apple Partition scheme even if you use it as exFAT.
I used one with USBC plug and for use with TimeMachine.

When Catalina came out last year my 4 year old hub would no longer work, so picked up Anker 7-in-1.

paul1762

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
again thanks for you reply...

I can format in the way you suggest as it is for my Fuji Camera... I have a brand new SDXC Card Lexar 64GB...

Hhmmm...

Paul

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
again thanks for you reply...

I can format in the way you suggest as it is for my Fuji Camera... I have a brand new SDXC Card Lexar 64GB...

Hhmmm...

Paul
I have a Fuji as well; it's better to format in the camera not the computer.

Try formatting in the computer as suggested, then format in camera to see if it works.

paul1762

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
still did not work...

1. Format on Mac with Apple Partition, MacOS recognised the Card, however not recognised in Camera, so formatted in Camera... MacOS did recognise it and could not mount it...
2. Format on Mac as exFat, Mac could not mount it.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.