Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dajazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
On my Mini 2 I import photos using the Apple SD card reader so I can preview them, do some editing, and email them. Before when I would insert the card, the import screen would pop up and it would show me a thumbnail of the images so I could select exactly which ones I wanted. I tried importing some photos last night, but instead of showing the thumbnails it shows a gray box with the text 'jpg' in the middle of it. I've tried looking through settings to see if something changed, I've restarted, etc.... with no luck. Anyone else having similar issues?

dajazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Any photographers willing to test to see if they're experiencing the same issues?

ng9311

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2015
New Hampshire
On my Mini 2 I import photos using the Apple SD card reader so I can preview them, do some editing, and email them. Before when I would insert the card, the import screen would pop up and it would show me a thumbnail of the images so I could select exactly which ones I wanted. I tried importing some photos last night, but instead of showing the thumbnails it shows a gray box with the text 'jpg' in the middle of it. I've tried looking through settings to see if something changed, I've restarted, etc.... with no luck. Anyone else having similar issues?

I just got an iPad mini 4, and am using the Apple SD card reader (which I previously used with my iPad 4th Gen, but not for a while). iOS 9.0.2. Exact same issue. Grey "jpeg" box. It allows me to select these strange grey boxes, and even allows me to "import" them. But the "import" happens way too quickly and images never show up on the iPad.

What kind of camera is your card from? I'm using a Fuji X100S, shooting Raw +Jpegs.

ng9311

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2015
New Hampshire
I just tried a 16GB card, instead of the 32GB card I had been using. It worked! Maybe there's a bug with iOS 9 and larger SD cards?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.