Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goafreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2021
Hi,

I'm looking for a quick and easy way to upload to contents of an SD card to dropbox. So far, I have tried the Files app. Works fine, but as there's no progress indicator, it basically unusable (transferring a couple of GB can take a while, I never know when it's save to remove the card reader).
The Dropbox app only allows me to upload a single file, not the complete card or a folder.
The purpose is to backup an SD card with photos while on the road. I could use the Lightroom app, but I prefer to put them on my Dropbox.

Any suggestion? I'm happy to pay for an app that does that (easy?) task for me in a convenient way.

Any help would be appreciated,
Chris

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Great app, seems to work nicely! Thanks for the suggestion!

Good to hear. I also use it to copy RAW images from my SD card to an SSD - I use a hub to connect the two devices simultaneously and FB Pro can attach to both. It's definitely one of my favorite apps on my iPP. I use it for tasks like this and also as a general file manager. Now if iPadOS would only support default app assignments for opening different file types ...

Reactions: goafreak

goafreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2021
Good to hear. I also use it to copy RAW images from my SD card to an SSD - I use a hub to connect the two devices simultaneously and FB Pro can attach to both. It's definitely one of my favorite apps on my iPP. I use it for tasks like this and also as a general file manager. Now if iPadOS would only support default app assignments for opening different file types ...
WWDC 2025 ;), maybe.
I've been looking for a better "Files" app for a long time, maybe FBpro can solve that problem for me, too.
The idea of copying the images to an SSD sounds pretty useful, which hub do you use?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
WWDC 2025 ;), maybe.
I've been looking for a better "Files" app for a long time, maybe FBpro can solve that problem for me, too.
The idea of copying the images to an SSD sounds pretty useful, which hub do you use?
This one -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087QZVQJX/

Anker is a solid brand this one has a USB-C data port in addition to the power port and 4K 60Hz. Also have this one, cheaper and without USB-C and only 4K 30Hz -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087QZVQJX/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.