Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
A weird thing. I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch M2. It has one of those flush SD cards (1TB) that I keep in there permanently as scratch space. Everything worked fine before the 13.4 update.

Pre-13.4, on a reboot, the card would show up like normally. But now, with 13.4, the card will not show up after a reboot or power off/on. I have to remove, then re-insert the card. Then its fine and I could remove and reinsert the card all day, no issue. It just doens't show up on intial reboot. As I said, it was fine before 13.4. I even ran diags just to make sure, and no issues were found.

Bug? Anyone else see this?

Reactions: ProximoZzZ

butterjamsoda

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2023
I just updated my Macbook Pro M2 (purchased last month) to Ventura 13.4 yesterday, and since then it has stopped showing external SD cards when connected. When I insert the SD card, the ‘accessory connected’ dialog box appears, but neither the Finder sidebar not the Disk Utility shows the volume. I have set to show external devices on my Finder settings as well as tried restarting the device. Surprisingly, when I insert the same SD card through an external card reader, I can access the content normally. I have tried this with multiple cards, and it’s the same issue.

Any fixes for this?

jjhoekstra

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
I checked with the same setup (16" pro M2 - Ventura 13.4) and it reads my SD cards successfully.

ProximoZzZ

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2023
A weird thing. I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch M2. It has one of those flush SD cards (1TB) that I keep in there permanently as scratch space. Everything worked fine before the 13.4 update.

Pre-13.4, on a reboot, the card would show up like normally. But now, with 13.4, the card will not show up after a reboot or power off/on. I have to remove, then re-insert the card. Then its fine and I could remove and reinsert the card all day, no issue. It just doens't show up on intial reboot. As I said, it was fine before 13.4. I even ran diags just to make sure, and no issues were found.

Bug? Anyone else see this?
The same…

Post in thread 'macOS 13.4 (Final) - Bug fixes, changes, and more'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-fixes-changes-and-more.2389910/post-32183013

Reactions: souko

ProximoZzZ

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2023
Hi dude. If you go into the settings and turn off the check for connected devices, you will see an SD card, but unfortunately according to the scenario as in my post above. But it's still better than not seeing SD at all. I think the problem is in version 13.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.