Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brapinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2021
I have siri turned off for everything. Listen for hey siri, siri "learning" press home for siri, etc, everything is off. On a day when I'm on YouTube, Facebook, messenger, imessage,texting I never see siri activity on the battery tab in the settings. But whenever I place a call, it shows up temporarily. For example, I unplugged my phone at 6:48 yesterday morning. I called and was on the phone for 2 hours and 20 minutes starting at like 5pm. Then I never made a call after that, just went back texting the usual till 11pm, bedtime. When I looked at the battery setting, siri wasn't anywhere to be seen, but on the hour I started the phone call, it showed up just for that hour. The next 2 hours of the phone call, it wasn't in those hour tabs. And it was still gone all the time till bed. I unplugged my phone this morning. About noon I made a call for 10 minutes. Its now 3pm. Siri wasn't there all morning, but showed in the tab at noon, and then it disappeared and I've not seen it since. It only pops up on the battery tab only around when I make a call. It's never there before or after. And when I check it in the hour tab when I first start the call, it's completely different than other apps activities. Like for phone, it will say 20m on screen, YouTube will say like 3m on screen. Messenger shows 2m on screen, but the siri won't say anything. No background use, no on screen use, no nothing. Its just blank. And then the following hours, it disappears completely. And my screen off time is always 0m

The only thing I can think of is maybe it activates when the call starts and the microphone starts working, but if that was the case, it would come on when on a Facebook messenger video call or when shooting a video in the camera, but it doesn't. I can't figure how with everything in the siri setting being turned off, how it shows up as using battery during a call, but at the same time it's blank as if it never used any battery power in the first place, and then just disappears until hours later when I make another call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.