Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaos116

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Warren, MA
Hello everyone,
I am not sure this question is in the right forum, but who better than collectors to know about the vintage macs.
I have an SE/30 and I was wondering if anyone has connected a PCMCIA adapter to the SCSI bus? I got this unit from an old PC.

I guess the question in general is, Is the SCSI in the SE/30 just like all the other SCSI's of the world? Or is it propritory?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
kaos116 said:
Hello everyone,
I am not sure this question is in the right forum, but who better than collectors to know about the vintage macs.
I have an SE/30 and I was wondering if anyone has connected a PCMCIA adapter to the SCSI bus? I got this unit from an old PC.

I guess the question in general is, Is the SCSI in the SE/30 just like all the other SCSI's of the world? Or is it propritory?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Never tried a SCSI to PCMCIA adapter. You'd need drivers, and I've never seen any Mac drivers for any such beast.

it's perfectly standard SCSI. If you have the proper adapters, you can plug in a modern Ultra640 SCSI, 300 GB drive into the SE/30, and it will work just fine. (The modern drive will be many times faster than the interface on the SE/30, which is a whopping 2.5 Megabytes per second, but it will work. I have a six-year-old 9 GB, 10,000 RPM, Ultra2 Seagate in my SE/30, through an SCA-to-50-pin adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.