Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
So... one observation as I approach a year since upgrading from my 6 to my SE: the 6 latches onto the WiFi in a different area much more quickly than the SE - which I often have to encourage to look for WiFi. And the 6 plays my little solitaire game seamlessly, while it keeps freezing on my SE (annoying to the point that I’ve removed it from the SE).

That’s two observations.

The SE is better in every other way - don’t get me wrong - I wonder whether the two gripes mentioned above are byproducts of its iOS...?

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Its strange why Solitaire freezes on your SE, compared to your 6. I presume you have updated the app? Maybe find another version of Solitaire on the App store and see how that performs.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
Its strange why Solitaire freezes on your SE, compared to your 6. I presume you have updated the app? Maybe find another version of Solitaire on the App store and see how that performs.
Fair point - I can’t remember whether it was bang up to date...

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yes I’d check the app for an update and maybe contact the developers too.

With regards to wifi issues, have you tried to forget this wifi and re-join to see if that does anything? Since the SE is a newer device it may be useful to check if the router firmware is up to date as well.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2020
Yes I’d check the app for an update and maybe contact the developers too.

With regards to wifi issues, have you tried to forget this wifi and re-join to see if that does anything? Since the SE is a newer device it may be useful to check if the router firmware is up to date as well.
Thanks both - no I haven’t tried either of those WiFi things - will do so this evening ?

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
Yes because the SE is better in every way. I would definitely try to forget the WiFi network and then sign back into it and see if the SE connects quicker then. It should for sure.

Like others said I would definitely either try another Solitaire app or contact the developers of the one app. Considering the SE has 3GB of RAM and the 6 only has 1GB on top of the A13 vs A8 thing the SE should definitely play the game just as well if not better.

All that said, the SE is such a great device. I have had one off and on since it was launched. I go between it and a device that has the newer design, but I’m never disappointed when using the SE.

Reactions: snipr125

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I might get a call phone today, my first since 2005- is the SE too much just for call and keeping the iCloud system in sync? does the phone switch from mobile to wifi seamlessly/
any other advice would help!
thanx!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.