Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timelessbeing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Does anybody else find that the wifi on the iPhone SE 2022 really sucks. I keep getting disconnects, or it won't connect at all when you're not right beside the router.
I've tried several networks. And meanwhile, other devices are having no issues. My Macook and my old 6S connect solidly, countless Android devices other people have are working fine. It's actually to the point of annoyance.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Does anybody else find that the wifi on the iPhone SE 2022 really sucks. I keep getting disconnects, or it won't connect at all when you're not right beside the router.
I've tried several networks. And meanwhile, other devices are having no issues. My Macook and my old 6S connect solidly, countless Android devices other people have are working fine. It's actually to the point of annoyance.
Maybe have Apple check your phone? They can do that for free. It's a diag app they run.

Both my kids have the SE 2022 and have not reported any WiFi issues.

Reactions: timelessbeing

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've had one since launch day and haven't had any issues, at least when I'm at home. At work's another matter, but I suspect that's the hardware at their end as it happened with my previous iPhone 8 too.

EedyBeedyBeeps

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
USA
Did you ever take your SE 2022 into the Apple store for the WiFi issue? Wondering what the outcome was. I'm having the same problem.

Have you tried resetting the iPhone's network settings? It has worked for me and for a family member when having wifi issues on separate occasions (though neither of us had iPhone SE specifically).

If you'd like to try it, here are Apple's instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-mide/guide/iphone/iphea1c2fe48/ios

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.