Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Has anyone seen the concepts on YouTube? If they’re true then I’m all over this device. The X with an Otterbox Symmetry case wasn’t good enough for me for true bonafied one hand use. It was almost like handling a Plus bLooks like the SE2 might do the trick.

Anyone else excited?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Has anyone seen the concepts on YouTube? If they’re true then I’m all over this device. The X with an Otterbox Symmetry case wasn’t good enough for me for true bonafied one hand use. It was almost like handling a Plus bLooks like the SE2 might do the trick.

Anyone else excited?

There has only been only one real rumor that we will see an iPhone SE 2. Concepts on YouTube are not always indicative of what we may or may not see. But given that Apple may hold a spring Keynote, that's when I would expect it to debut as the first Generarion SE did back in March 2016.

But after owning m the first iPhone SE, I liked the form factor, but the display/resolution was rather poor, which I assume they will adopt the iPhone 7 display.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I am with ya, trading my X for the SE2 (whenever it releases).

I highly doubt we’ll see more then updated internals this go around. I’m hopeful for a redesigned 4” phone next year or the year after. Pretty sure Apple’s next redesigned product will be the X +.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
There's only been only one real rumor that we will see an iPhone SE 2. Concepts on YouTube are not always indicative of what we may or may not see. But given that Apple may hold a spring Keynote, that's when I would expect it to debut as the first Generarion SE did back in March 2016.

I forget the guys name, he’s like a top Apple ‘insider’... he says there will be an SE2. If the concept videos are right I’m pretty excited. For me it’s not about the price.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I haven’t seen any. But I’m guessing it will have the same A11chip as iPhone 8/X, 3D Touch, haptic Touch ID that was introduced in iPhone 7. Same camera that comes with iPhone 8 4.7” water resistance will be introduced and possibly they will get rid of the iPhone jack.

That’s just my guess

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I forget the guys name, he’s like a top Apple ‘insider’... he says there will be an SE2. If the concept videos are right I’m pretty excited. For me it’s not about the price.

There very likely could be an iPhone SE 2. But for me personally, it's going to be all about the iPhone X 6.5 in The Fall.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I haven’t seen any. But I’m guessing it will have the same A11chip as iPhone 8/X, 3D Touch, haptic Touch ID that was introduced in iPhone 7. Same camera that comes with iPhone 8 4.7” water resistance will be introduced and possibly they will get rid of the iPhone jack.

That’s just my guess

How big of a screen do you think?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Probably 4” same as the current SE because the iPhone 8 already has 4.7”. Apple wouldnt want the se 2 eating up sales on the 4.7” iPhone 8 by increasing screen size

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Probably 4” same as the current SE because the iPhone 8 already has 4.7”. Apple wouldnt want the se 2 eating up sales on the 4.7” iPhone 8 by increasing screen size

The SE is a completely different market and it won't consume iPhone 8 sales, because Apple is not going to give it all the latest features and capabilities of the iPhone 8. It's likely going to adopt a lot of the iPhone 7 features. Not To mention, the smaller form factor of the iPhone SE is a very small percentage of iPhone users that actually want that specific type of device.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
The SE is a completely different market and it won't consume iPhone 8 sales, because Apple is not going to give it all the latest features and capabilities of the iPhone 8. It's likely going to adopt a lot of the iPhone 7 features. Not To mention, the smaller form factor of the iPhone SE is a very small percentage of iPhone users that actually want that specific type of device.

Reason I mentioned the SE2 is not necessarily the form factor but the screen size in conjunction with true bonafied 1 hand / 1 thumb usage. Yea even if the SE2 does get a full edge to edge LCD screen it still might be too small of a screen after looking at the specs of the current SE.

The non Plus iPhone has been notably recognized as a true 1 handed device that can even be used with 1 thumb without any hitches for most people.

For me this is why I much prefer the non Plus 6/7/8 and believe it or not the bezels and the home button help. When I had the X reachability I had to swipe further down on the screen and often times had to try more than once to get it to work because of it being an inconvenient place for 1 hand use. I do use reachability a lot on my 8 and I can access it on the home button without any inconvenience or adjusting. I’m right handed and my right thumb can easily reach the top of the 8 screen to access notifications and my thumb can easily access Control Center which I use a lot from the bottom. Accessing the CC on the bottom isn’t accessing it on the bottom of the device itself but the screen which has a home button and bezel underneath.

My 8 is in a Magpul case and I can literally hold it in my right hand and navigate all over the place like it’s part of my hand on my pinky shelf while my fingers are holding the device against my palm.

That’s just some experiences. I was thinking of the SE2 was edge to edge in a smaller form factor it would help with convenience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.