Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
iPhone lacks the ability to search in calendar items.
anyone is developing a simple application that add this missing feature ?
Thanks

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
You're not able to make changes to the "built-in" apps. So one would need to create a whole new calendar app with a searching capability.

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
i understand.
in the iPhone 1.x era exists a program that does it, PolarBear was the developer, if i well remember ...

fa.ce

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
You're not able to make changes to the "built-in" apps. So one would need to create a whole new calendar app with a searching capability.

why then Apple blocks also Polar Bear to use his own calendar app with a searching capabilities ?
I'm really confused and upset !
I really need a searching for calendar items functionality on my iPhone !

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
There needs to be a spotlight-type app on the iphone anyway. If I'm looking for a contact, calendar item etc., I should be able to type in a keyword and have spotlight find all instances of that keyword on my iphone. This is a basic function that already exists in OS X so it should be available on the iphone as well.

LonelyNoMore

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2008

How can I create a new calendar application on Iphone?
Do you have any guide?
Please help me! I really want to create a calendar application run on Iphone.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.