Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Search for a phrase in quotes returns every post with every single word separately and not the literal phrase.

What am I missing?

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Thanks.

I meant any phrase I use to search returns too many results. When I search, the search engine seems not to understand the meaning of “phrase“.

I just bought a used 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 8/256 from my favorite local recycler. I want to find posts from 2020 discussing that model alone. I keep getting posts talking about M3 or M2 models. I also don’t want to get posts discussing Max or Ultra, either.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Thanks.

I meant any phrase I use to search returns too many results. When I search, the search engine seems not to understand the meaning of “phrase“.

I just bought a used 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 8/256 from my favorite local recycler. I want to find posts from 2020 discussing that model alone. I keep getting posts talking about M3 or M2 models. I also don’t want to get posts discussing Max or Ultra, either.
Here is an example of what you are looking for.

I found that post by going under Advanced search, entering your phrase, and then setting the time frames such that it would stay within the year you are seeking. Hope that helps you.

Reactions: icanhazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.