Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Basic question but it’s something that’s been very frustrating and I can’t figure it out. The search function. I want to search my library but instead it selected iTunes Store. I don’t know how to reset or redirect this to my library. When I first open the music browser I see three selections: library, store or Apple Music. I think. I don’t want to have to quit the browser each time. How do I go from store to library? Thanks.

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Nobody? Maybe it’s just broken on my 2019 Mac Pro Monterey. At the start I can use the back arrow to get the three choices but then it’s no longer available. ?

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Wow! I still can’t find a solution for this. Either it’s evidence that I’m a moron or everybody see this and have no solution. I can quit “Music” and it will come back with my library as searchable. But if I ever search the store I can’t seem to get back to my library. I have a TON of music in my library. That’s where I want to search 95% of the time. But 80% of the time I can’t because Apple wants me to search their store or Apple Music. I don’t really use Apple Music. I’m talking iTunes.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I still can’t find a solution for this.
Seeing your post reminded me I needed to find out this also, lol.
When you open the app, click in the search bar and you will see to the far right
Apple Music, Library and store, make your choice and type in the search bar.

I just tried clicking on a selection on the left side and clicking in the search bar and that will show the choices on the far right also.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.