Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scollie4179

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2024
Why is the search functionality in the Mail app (iOS and Mac) so BAD?! I was looking for an Apple receipt yesterday that I had received less than a month ago did a search for Apple only to find emails from Apple from 2015, emails about apple picking and other random emails but literally only ONE from Apple when I know I have dozens (or more) in my trash.

I finally found the email I needed but is there a better way to search? Or is this a known limitation? I am used to the functionality of Outlook at work where I can search by multiple parameters and while not perfect, still much more likely to find the email I am looking for.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Search has always been terrible in the mail app. Most of the time when I need to search for an email, I’ll use the Gmail app instead — or manually look for the email. I’m not sure why Apple hasn’t improved search since it’s a default app loaded on our iDevice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.