Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SvenH83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2021
I‘m searching for a Case for my new 2021 12.9“ iPad Pro.
The new Pro is replacing my iPad Air 2 I used so far.
With my Air 2 I used an original Apple Smart Case (MGTR2ZM/A).

I‘m wondering if there is anything similar available for the iPad Pro, too?
It should be a full case with microfiber protection inside.

Does anyone of you guys now?

piblondin

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
I’m looking for the same thing. The Nomad ones look good, but I’d prefer something without a Pencil cutout.

Last edited:

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
OH, the Nomad looks awesome!
I don't like the pencil cutout too but I might live with it. The only issue I have now is that I can't find the weight of this thing. Anyone know how heavy it is, please?

Nomad have one, not cheap though.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Here's my Nomad Horween Rustic Brown for my 11". It adds a little more weight but not much.

I’m looking for the same thing. The Nomad ones looks good, but I’d prefer something without a Pencil cutout.
I think many cases will have that cut out for the pencil.

IMG_3590.jpg
IMG_3591.jpg
IMG_3565.jpg

Last edited:

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
Looks nice, I hope they will release 2021 version for 12.9" soon. I'd like to have it before my iPad arrives :)

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
OH, the Nomad looks awesome!
I don't like the pencil cutout too but I might live with it. The only issue I have now is that I can't find the weight of this thing. Anyone know how heavy it is, please?

276g (2020 11"), according to my scale.

There are lot of cases that would be nicer if they didn't make provisions to accommodate a Pencil, but the makers see that as a safer bet than not including any.

Leaving a simple cutout on the side of the iPad is easier to live with, and adjust to.

The cases with flaps, and external molded slots, not as much. The ones with internal slots add bulk.

Reactions: Freida

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Another slim folio. Keep access to buttons.

B_T_W

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2021
Question. Does the cover magnetize to the back like the apple folio
It does, but only on the edges, so if that “saggy middle" effect irritates you, like it does me, it might turn annoying. For as ridiculous as the pricing is on the Apple Smart Folio, it’s one of the few cases where the cover attaches perfectly flat on the backside. As someone that does a TON of reading on theirs, this is a personal pet peeve of mine that usually has me shelling out the big bucks in the end.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.