Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbbc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Trying to update my ATV2's with Seas0nPass 0.9.5 on Lion 10.7.5 . I consistantly get the error of, "Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!!"

What I've tried:

Uninstalling Seas0nPass 0.9.5 with AppCleaner 2.2.0 and then reinstalling

Installing Seas0nPass 0.9.5 in the Home folder

Updating ATV2 first to 5.3 10B809 through iTunes 11.1.3

What I haven't tried:

Seas0nPass 0.9.5 on another Mac and/or Windows

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
The Jb process failed for me!
Steps-
Season pass downloaded 5.3 os
Connected atv2 using USB only
After Ipsw was built, put device in DFu mode and connected power cable
Season pass detects device in DFu mode but while transferring files says failed to put device in DFu mode:-(

Any advice?

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
The Jb process failed for me!
Steps-
Season pass downloaded 5.3 os
Connected atv2 using USB only
After Ipsw was built, put device in DFu mode and connected power cable
Season pass detects device in DFu mode but while transferring files says failed to put device in DFu mode:-(

Any advice?

I too needed to have the power cord connected in order to get my ATV2 into DFU (my other one didn't, go figure). The trick is to disconnect the power cord once the app recognizes the ATV2 is in DFU (and starts the jailbreaking process). Don't leave the power cord in the whole time, as the JB won't work (at least it didn't for me).

HTH

Alveezy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Hawaii
My ATV2 is possibly almost 2 years old or 2 and half. What are the benefits from going to 5.3? and is there any issues with XBMC with it right now?

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
My ATV2 is possibly almost 2 years old or 2 and half. What are the benefits from going to 5.3? and is there any issues with XBMC with it right now?

I'm running XBMC Frodo on mine. It occasionally restarts the ATV on startup, but works fine after that.

bbbc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
@ guychicago & The Mad Hatter

We are trying to figure out on the FireCore forums what version of the Mac OS (or Windows for that matter) successfully worked with Seas0nPass 0.9.5 . Did you guys use Mountain Lion 10.8 or Mavericks 10.9 ? Please let us know the specific OS version, like 10.8.X or 10.9.X .

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/11625

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.