Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Just had an offer to get 10% off a brand new HomePod, which is priced at £199 so would be £179 after the discount.

I am tempted to get it (already have one but want one for another room).

what would you say is the likelihood a HomePod 2 is coming this year, as I am not sure whether to wait or just take the plunge.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I'd get one if I had the money because they sound amazing as a stereo pair. If you have money to burn, you can't go wrong getting one.

Just my opinion!

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Just had an offer to get 10% off a brand new HomePod, which is priced at £199 so would be £179 after the discount.

I am tempted to get it (already have one but want one for another room).

what would you say is the likelihood a HomePod 2 is coming this year, as I am not sure whether to wait or just take the plunge.

There won’t be a new HomePod. The current offering is an astounding $1 billion dollar Apple business on a single item, is best in class, and anything smaller will sound like crap.

Buy it today and consider yourself lucky.

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
I would buy it at the price....even £200 is a good price, you already have one and are happy with that, so if your looking for another I would say just go ahead and buy it.
I now have four of them around the house and I really like have music playing in all those rooms at the same time when doing a bit of housework stuff.....just cool having them all in perfect sync and same volume around the house.

Feared_Punto

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2020
I just moved from Google Assistant to Homepod, partly because of privacy concerns but mainly due to the superior sound and the integration with the Apple ecosystem as I already have an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch Series 4, MacMini and MacBook Air it just seemed to make sense.

I was going to wait to see what HomePod 2 would offer when (if?) announced but from the rumours all I can see is it offering lower quality sound as a trade-off for a lower price. I'm not too bothered by Bluetooth integration and every other improvement that's been rumoured that is of interest seems to me to be just a software upgrade which will be available to gen 1.

I got a great deal with them being £179 each so I got 4, a stereo pair in the living room and a stereo pair in the bedroom. I think at that price it's a complete no brainer particular given its launch price of £329 and current usual RRP of £279.

I'm blown away by the sound quality, and yes, while Siri is a bit dumb he is fairly dumb across the ecosystem.

I'll be getting HomePod 2 for the kitchen.

Reactions: nicho

Cassandle

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2020
I recently bought a HomePod (my first) and I love it. The sound is fantastic and Siri seems to work better on it than my other devices. I’ve found myself using voice to control it more than I expected (whereas on Apple TV Siri is terrible).
£179 is a seriously good price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.