Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funnysh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2023
Hi, I bought second hand macbook air and I did eres all data and after that I completly eresed SSD. I manualy loged out last user from his Apple ID. But when I open terminal it says my_name@KAJA_Lenovo-PC. And Im very scered now about my privacy. What should I do please?
IMG_0517.png

Last edited:

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
I did eres all data and after that I completly eresed SSD. I manualy loged out last user from his Apple ID.

If you erased the machine, there shouldn't have been any users to log out of. Seems like you didn't actually wipe the machine.

kschendel

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2014
That might be a default OS-constructed hostname. If you're sure you wiped the machine properly, don't worry about it.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hi, I bought second hand macbook air and I did eres all data and after that I completly eresed SSD. I manualy loged out last user from his Apple ID. But when I open terminal it says my_name@KAJA_Lenovo-PC. And Im very scered now about my privacy. What should I do please? View attachment 2206932

Open Sytem Preferences->Sharing and change the Hostname to what you want and relaunch Terminal, to easy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.