Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Does anyone have HKSV recording work properly with the new Home architecture for cameras that aren’t set to record all the time? If so do you have any cameras set to record all the time?

I have an Ecobee Video camera, an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) and 2 HomePod minis. The camera is set up to stream when I’m at home and stream and record when I’m away from home. Under xOS 15 and 16.1, this worked.

SiHDE upgrading to 16.2 and the new Home architecture this hasn’t worked at all. I don’t get notifications and nothing is recorded. I can stream from out of home, but nothing is recorded.

I set up to record at home and found the following:
  1. To get recording to work, I need to enable “streaming and recording” first and then unplug all 3 Home hubs and plug them back in.
  2. Recording and notifications will then work until the camera is changed to not record. It doesn’t matter if it’s set to stream, Motion activity or none. Once changed out of stream and record mode, the camera won’t record or send notifications when changed back to recording mode. Not without power cycling the Home hubs. This includes when automatically switching between stream and stream and record.
  3. Oddly motion based automations, such as turning on lights on motions and streaming out of the home still work when everything else is broke.
As there’s no way to remotely reboot the Apple TV, this can only be fixed locally. I guess I could set up switches to kill the power to the Apple TV, but that’s ridiculous to have to do and probably not good for it. Plus the Apple TV Bluetooth controls my August locks.

Basically I have 2 options at this point. Have the camera always record, even when I’m at home or have it never record.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.