Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hello

My MBP updated while it was on last night. Here is the info about this update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207130. I found several strange things after this happened:

1. I got the Welcome to your Mac screen asking me to accept or decline that feedback to application developers will be sent. This I have answered already since I first installed El Capitan on this machine.

2. All the update history under the update area in the App Store has been wiped out. Only the last update shows there now. This has never happened before.

3. The encryption password for my external USB Time Machine disk has been erased from Keychain and I had to input it again. This has never happened before.

Have some of you detected things like this after the latest security update was installed?

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
I've had weird stuff happen too, but nothing like what you said.

Since the update, two times now, my trackpad has lost its ability to "click." And that includes the Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. Last night, the fix ended up being an SMC reset. But then it happened again this morning. So another SMC reset, but this time when it came up, I got the warning from TotalFinder that SIP was enabled (I had disabled it)... and the click ability was lost yet again.

So I booted back into the recovery partition and disabled it yet again and rebooted. Now it's back up and working for the moment. If it happens again and SIP magically re-enables itself again, I may have to uninstall TotalFinder, as that may be part of the problem.

graley

macrumors regular
May 25, 2010
Australia
I've had weird stuff happen too, but nothing like what you said.

Since the update, two times now, my trackpad has lost its ability to "click." And that includes the Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. Last night, the fix ended up being an SMC reset. But then it happened again this morning. So another SMC reset, but this time when it came up, I got the warning from TotalFinder that SIP was enabled (I had disabled it)... and the click ability was lost yet again.

So I booted back into the recovery partition and disabled it yet again and rebooted. Now it's back up and working for the moment. If it happens again and SIP magically re-enables itself again, I may have to uninstall TotalFinder, as that may be part of the problem.
[doublepost=1473026273][/doublepost]My macbook ( three years old) froze at end of installation. I forced it to shutdown. On start up, all was ok with the update installed.
My mac mini (six months old) did the installation without problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.