Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulold

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
I've had an iPhone since the beginning and as far as I know, there still is no way to see just my new, unread emails in Mail. The notification center is helping a little, as long as I don't have too many new emails (but I get tons of spam which doesn't help). Why can't there be a folder in Mail that contains just my unread messages? I can do this in my Mail program on my MacBook Pro - I can create a smart folder that just looks for unread emails. Once I read it, it drops out of this view. Does something like this exist for iOS5/iPhone/iPad? It seems so basic to email - I really don't understand why we don't have this feature.

Kimimonster

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
I'm just going to second this, it's something that drives me mad. Please apple- create something to solve it!

abemonkey

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2009
Agreed!

I know! Apple is supposed to be the leader in technology yet they don't have this simple feature in their mail clients. Stupid. This is close to not having copy and paste in the first couple iOS versions...

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I'm having the opposite problem... Mail is ONLY showing unread emails in iOS 7. Any ideas why? Using an exchange account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.