Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exciton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2023
Hey there, forum members!

I need your advice on a potential Apple Watch purchase. I'm really keen on getting the Space Black Titanium version, but it seems the latest Series 9 doesn't come in Titanium, and the Ultra is just too big for me.

I've found a brand new replacement device: the Space Black Titanium Apple Watch Series 7 45 mm. The seller is asking for USD 450, and there are still two months of warranty left.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Considering that the Series 9 is the latest model, would it still be worth buying the Series 7 for its Titanium build?

2. How does the durability and reliability of the Series 7 compare to the Series 9? Are there any notable issues I should be aware of?

3. Is USD 450 a reasonable price for a brand new replacement device with two months of warranty, considering the Series 9 doesn't offer a Titanium option?

Your insights and experiences would be super helpful in making up my mind. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

Doc_dee

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2021
May be worth Considering the series 8 stainless steel. New watches are available at discounted prices (at least here in the UK). You get better durability and a sapphire crystal screen at not much more than an Aluminium S9. New watches are also eligible for AppleCare

Reactions: exciton

exciton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2023
May be worth Considering the series 8 stainless steel. New watches are available at discounted prices (at least here in the UK). You get better durability and a sapphire crystal screen at not much more than an Aluminium S9. New watches are also eligible for AppleCare
Thank you for your valuable suggestion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.