Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoganJosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I'd like to import some video from my GoPro 8 Black - it connects happily to several PCs and although I have the correct software installed on my Mac Mini m2 - it will not appear in the Image Capture utility when launched from within the GoPro Player app. There used to be an app called Quik that did a similar thing, but this seems to be on iPad and iPhone only in the Apple ecosystem.
I have the GoPro set as MTP and connected directly to a spare USB at the back of the Mac Mini (m2) I can also see the device showing in the System Settings/Network/Otherservices - but it is listed as "not connected".

I'm sure this should work - it used to on my old i5 iMac - and I can access the files through the network and an sdcard reader (on old i5 iMac). I just wondered has anyone else found a simple solution to connecting a GoPro to their new Mac Mini (m2).

Many Thanks

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
The first thing I would try is a different port on the Mac, then a different cable if that fails. One or the other could be defective in some way. I assume you are NOT using an adapter of any kind? If you are, that needs to be taken out of the equation here.

I found an old conversation on GoPro's forums with tips that may help. It's a bit dated but check it out...

RoganJosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
The first thing I would try is a different port on the Mac, then a different cable if that fails. One or the other could be defective in some way. I assume you are NOT using an adapter of any kind? If you are, that needs to be taken out of the equation here.

I found an old conversation on GoPro's forums with tips that may help. It's a bit dated but check it out...
Thanks - will look into this link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.