Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mistletoe66

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
Main culprit is the a17 pro with the prototype ThReE nAnoMeTeRs chip most probably…. I wish apple could’ve made it more efficient.

My impression and experience is that no matter you are doing light browsing or heavy gaming, this damn chip drains battery even if you do simple safari new browsing….

So… anyone got positive experiences with 15 plus? I am thinking of changing to that. And are there any general opinions about A16?

Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Battery drain on any iPhone 15 isn’t something many people are complaining about.
Overheating on launch day 15s? Yeah the internet exploded with that. But not battery drain.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Main culprit is the a17 pro with the prototype ThReE nAnoMeTeRs chip most probably…. I wish apple could’ve made it more efficient.

My impression and experience is that no matter you are doing light browsing or heavy gaming, this damn chip drains battery even if you do simple safari new browsing….

So… anyone got positive experiences with 15 plus? I am thinking of changing to that. And are there any general opinions about A16?

Thanks!

I don’t have a 15 Plus but I do have the regular 15. The battery life is excellent, compared to a 13 I own last year. I’m very sure the 15 Plus will double down on that.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
No complaints about battery life on my regular 15. You also need to factor in Pro’s always-on-display and, to a lesser degree, ProMotion, affecting their battery performance.

15 Plus easily beats 15 Pro, does better than 15 Pro Max and, in fact, any other iPhone of 14-15 series:

Mistletoe66

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
I believe most of fellow iphone 15 promax users were accustomed to 7 hours of SOT and take it as a "standard" battery life, claiming it is the appropriate all day battery time just for their self-fufilling prophecy... lol.

let me repeat it again, simply light browsing with iphone 15 pro max got my battery from 100% -> 20% with just 6+ hours SOT is simply unacceptable on such an expensive device...

I've already returned my 15pm, thus i will be less active from todays onwards.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I believe most of fellow iphone 15 promax users were accustomed to 7 hours of SOT and take it as a "standard" battery life, claiming it is the appropriate all day battery time just for their self-fufilling prophecy... lol.

let me repeat it again, simply light browsing with iphone 15 pro max got my battery from 100% -> 20% with just 6+ hours SOT is simply unacceptable on such an expensive device...

I'm glad someone finally said it. I feel the same way about my 14 pro max. Battery life os bad and getting worse. Definitely considering the 15 plus

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

I'm not saying YOU didn't get poor battery. But your assertion that "My impression and experience is that no matter you are doing light browsing or heavy gaming, this damn chip drains battery even if you do simple safari new browsing" - does not match the general results in my experience.

SOMETHING (software) was causing your battery drain to be greater than usual; troubleshooting could have figured it out. Academic at this point, if you've returned it.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Absolutely no issues whatsoever with my 15PM, surprisingly the battery was down to a whooping 👏🏼 47% this morning after using it extensively for 2 days. I tend to buy my phones in Oct to avoid any issues that might arise with the pre-ordered first batch. Hence no heat gate nor battery drain !😉

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
15 Pro

Only had it for 2 whole days. But so far i have not seen the battery go below 50%. (Only charge at night)

So i‘m very confident that there is no unusual battery drain.

Reactions: snipr125

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Haven’t seen any problems at all with battery drain on my 15 PM, if I am using it heavy over 2 days it seems to last at least close to 10 hours of SOT plus 36 hours or so of standby plus calls and music on bluetooth headphones when screen is off. Light use this weekend has used about 44% with 2.5 hours of SOT and 48 hours of standby/screen off usage so that is okay as well imo. And I have my phone set to report location to home assistant regularly so drain should be higher due to that.

Most of the time I throw it on a magsafe charger every other evening and charge to 80%.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

Well considering you just joined the forum Wednesday and your posting history, I doubt you'll be missed... My 15PM battery performance has been outstanding.. 10hrs SOT (easily) with 20% left in the tank. If I go easy on my usage I can go 3 days without needing to charge..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.