Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blindpcguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2016
Bald Knob Arkansas
This release seems like the snow leopard to leopard or the mountion lion to lion. i dont see why everyone is complaining or yosemite to el cap. it seems to b the way apple is going. one os with new features, then a refined os that stabilizes thease features. well ther then the new file system.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
This one looks like the update we have been waiting for since Mavericks. The last three years was building up to this nice mature OS. A lot of feedback regarding Metal, VR, eGPU and SSD optimisations have finally come to fruition.
Agreed. I think this is the best update we've had the last couple of years. So much stuff behind the curtains being added or updated, which is excellent. It is very remniscent of Snow Leopard, so as long as it ends up being extremely stable, it may become the next go-to installation by default.

Metal appear to have been pushed a lot forward, which is excellent, and it may now be ready as the main driver for graphical stuff in the OS, so the half-baked OpenGL we have now can go for good. Add on top support for eGPUs, VR, AR, h.265 and APFS, and you actually end with a lot of leading edge stuff in this release!

Last edited:

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Agreed. I think this is the best update we've had the last couple of years. So much stuff behind the curtains being added or updated, which is excellent. It is very remniscent of Snow Leopard, so as long as it ends up being extremely stable, it may become the next go-to installation by default.

Metal appear to have been pushed a lot forward, which is excellent, and it may now be ready as the main driver for graphical stuff in the OS, so the half-baked OpenGL we have now can go for good. Add on top support for eGPUs, VR, AR, h.265 and APFS, and you actually end with a lot of leading edge stuff in this release!
My understanding is that they're using metal for all UI animations. How do they look? (Whoever's running it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.