Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I just got an update for Shoot by ProCam that not only brought 3D Touch stuff for the new phones, but also made it so that if you're using a 4S through the 6 and long press on the same areas, that it basically fakes the "3D Touch".

Any other apps doing the same thing?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just got an update for Shoot by ProCam that not only brought 3D Touch stuff for the new phones, but also made it so that if you're using a 4S through the 6 and long press on the same areas, that it basically fakes the "3D Touch".

Any other apps doing the same thing?
Are you saying those long-press features weren't there before? (If not, I wonder why they didn't have them since they could have since a long time ago.) And I guess this wouldn't apply to any 3D Touch features related to the actual app shortcuts when pressing on the app icon/tile.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Are you saying those long-press features weren't there before? (If not, I wonder why they didn't have them since they could have since a long time ago.) And I guess this wouldn't apply to any 3D Touch features related to the actual app shortcuts when pressing on the app icon/tile.

No, they weren't there before, they were just added today.

Long pressing has been around for ages. But it just amused me that they thought to use it as a way to give us the new features. So I'm wondering if other developers thought to do the same thing/or will.

No, we don't get the new app icon functions. I'm sure someone's going to try getting that feature to work under the new jailbreak though. It will be done with the same long pressing (you can already set an icon to do something when you long press certain icons, it's probably Activator or something else that does this, I haven't used a jailbreak since since iOS 7).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.