Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Everyone went crazy when Nintendo released the NES Classic Mini and the SNES Classic Mini. How come the Sega Mega Drive Classic Mini doesn't get as much attention? It's essentially the same thing, but comes with 81(!) games preinstalled.

Has anyone picked this up?

A1096813.jpg

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
I guess there's more nostalgia with the SNES version. Genesis was pretty popular, but SNES was by far the more popular console of the day, and the first party titles from Nintendo were really good. I owned a Genesis while my buddy had the SNES, so we just got the best games for each. I remember sports games were more fun on SEGA, but dang those original controllers were stone-age and cludgy!

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I've heard that those things are not made by Sega and the quality is pretty shoddy (hearsay though, havent tried one myself).

What really grinds my gears tho, is that they have a new Sega collection coming out for the PS/XB and they totally overlooked the Switch. *grumble*

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
They've had these for years and years.

My understanding is that AtGames started making them when the Genesis went to that version 3 tiny one back in the day. I don't think they've ever quit making them...

The new HD one is supposed to be good...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.