Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey i was just thinking could they make a SEGA application or was the Genesis more along the lines of SNES in terms of bit and frame rate and stuff like that? Cuz i was always a Sonic fan over Mario Bros. growing up

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Also, even if it was possible to run the games, the functionality is not there. The sega has even more buttons than the NES, which already cause problems. :rolleyes:

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
barely runs? huh? I think it has come VERY far and runs pretty smoothly now.

It has come very far, I dont think thats what his point was though...his point being is that it still skips frames, even though it has an auto mode and it runs pretty smooth, the fact is that SNES or Sega are even more memory/hardware intensive than NES...not even mentioning the button issue...

earthsick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
central nj
Yeah I see the point there...sticking to NES is probably the best idea. Maybe one day some one will at least figure out how to port one or two of the more simple SNES or Genesis games over to the iPhone. But in the mean time I will be playing Excite Bike.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Yeah I see the point there...sticking to NES is probably the best idea. Maybe one day some one will at least figure out how to port one or two of the more simple SNES or Genesis games over to the iPhone. But in the mean time I will be playing Excite Bike.

lol I love that game. But ya, I can definitely see that in a couple years, when v2/3 of the iPhone comes out, with upgraded hardware and memory it would be totally possible to run, and hopefully play if they add more buttons. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.