Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalel5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Anyone else try using the "Select All" in safari on ios 16.4 and find that it's missing. I can now only get "Find Selection." losing my d-mn mind. I use it all of the time. Especially if I need larger sections of text read to me or to copy and paste full sections web pages for design. I can't imagine why this basic feature is now missing. Any ideas on another way to initiate it?

Attachments

• IMG_059AA370BB8D-1.jpeg
    IMG_059AA370BB8D-1.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 649

Toxmed

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Anyone else try using the "Select All" in safari on ios 16.4 and find that it's missing. I can now only get "Find Selection." losing my d-mn mind. I use it all of the time. Especially if I need larger sections of text read to me or to copy and paste full sections web pages for design. I can't imagine why this basic feature is now missing. Any ideas on another way to initiate it?
Exactly!!! Wtf??? And why should this be an "update"???? @aapl, FIX NEEDED!!!

Reactions: kalel5

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
@kalel5 please upload a video file so we could see what you are doing exactly to get in this trouble.

I would mention that I could never select all on the website – only my own writings in a text box could be selected.

danilyngo

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2023
Florida
after iOS 16.4 my “Select All” button disappeared as well﹠it now says, “Find Selection” —to be clear, when I selected text on a webpage using Safari browser or Chrome for iOS, “Select All” was an option prior to 16.4, however, its now disappeared from these pop up menus. This was the most useful tool in my opinion! I’ve contacted support so hopefully it’s a glitch…

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Easily Confused

kalel5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
It's really hard from an accessibility standpoint. If I need the system to read me something, I have to select and then try to hold and drag and try to get everything. I'm also finding the replacement "Find Selection" to be useless. You could already search a word by going to the search/web bar. So strange.

XuFeng

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2023
Apple probably needs to investigate some people. It’s feel like either those guys do not use iOS or they are a major shareholder of other companies. Started with iPhone 14 and now iOS.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Maybe iPhone 15 does not have front camera😂🤣😂

liny2sd

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2023
I found another workaround.
1. Navigate to desired webpage.
2. Select Reader View (optional, just for a visually better layout.)
3. Tap the share icon on your browser menu bar.
4. Select “print”
5. In the print screen, the print button here will be greyed out but, next to that print button is another share button, tap that share button.
6. You will then see the list of options, where “Save to Files” will be an option, tap “Save to Files”. (Note where you saved it to)
7. Now navigate to your local “Files” app on your phone.
8. Open the file that you just saved
9. Tap and hold on any text
10. “Select all” will be an option presented to you.
11. Tap “select all”
12. Tap the now highlighted text
13. Tap the right arrow (>)
14. Tap “Speak”
15. Fvcking Apple, stop changing things that work fine, and fix the things that don’t work… fvcking duh.

Reactions: Orka
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.