Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
I would like to make my slideshows created with apple photos expire within a set time of initial opening, any ideas how, or alternative Slideshow creating software

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
I thought this would have been more replied to...my need / want is to be able to send my slide show out to numerous potential employers- and id like to avoid them having to be ,,going to a website, entering a password etc etc. Or me having to invite them to see link . etc. Just a file that is double clicked to view my slideshow, and after it locks itself, if they like what they've seen they can contact me

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I think self-destructing would be detrimental in this situation. If they were somewhat interested and wanted to show it to someone else in the same organization, they can't. Or if they wanted to take a closer look later at something that piqued their interest, they can't.

Also, the "double-click to see my work" seems a bit naive in this age of phishing emails from unsolicited senders. While no file format is exempt from the possibility of being a carrier for a phishing attack, my guess is that a standard format like PDF is probably a safe bet for something that nearly everyone can read. There are automated tools that can scan PDFs for malware, so that's another reason to use it.

A plain website link would also be a good choice, because the security-conscious can use a buttoned-down web-browser of their choice with relatively little risk.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi
Thank you for the reply!! However and please don't think me ungrateful for your input, for I am, but you 'answer reflects a lot!!

Me - I would like to eat an apple, where can I get some?

Response - You don't want an apple that's nuts, you need bananas - they are much better, and why would anyone in this day and age want to double click on an apple? We all know that it is better to link through a pear to the banana, than eat an apple directly!!

Now what did I ask??

:)

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
i have never heard of such a thing. and probably most of the rest here haven’t, either, hence the lack of responses, as well as an alternative solution.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I’d recommend querying the dev forums here for ideas as I expect you’d need to code something like that up. A quick search didn’t show any products meeting your description. Slide show software isn’t usually a topic of conversation in this forum, to be honest, hence the suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.