Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
As the title would possible suggest I have mission impossible style self destructing offline music on my device.

I use smart playlists to manage my music for offline use on my iPhone such as "Recently Added" "Recently Played" "Top 100 Most Played" etc. This basically makes it really easy for me to choose the 700 or so tunes from my vast collection I take with me, however I have come across an odd glitch that was in iOS 9 and now 9.1 whereby I can be playing some and then they would randomly disappear after playing.

If I turn on show all music rather than offline only they reappear but I can't redownload them as they get stuck on download and when they disappear from the offline list the space on the iPhone doesn't go back up again suggesting they are still downloaded but the iPhone has somehow forgotten they are there.

I did somehow manage to get them to stay before I did a restore from backup upon upgrade to 9.1 but I think that was syncing the same playlists from iTunes first then enabling iCloud music on the iPhone later.

Also it doesn't happen to all songs it seems to be random in which it picks to kill there seems to be no pattern that I can see.

Anyone else get this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.