Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mofofofo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Just curious if you guys think it's worth selling my jailbroken 12.9" Ipad Pro 256G in order to buy the new gen that just came out? Enough of a hardware upgrade to justify losing JB?

It would basically be about a trade + $200-250 to upgrade if I were to sell my JB Ipad Pro on Craigslist.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I would definitely not trade until you have cozied up to being on gen 2 stock/have a good screen/and are sure

Otherwise you'll regret being hasty potentially

Depends what tweaks you value And can do with or without

The upgrades are nice but mostly boil down to screen so much sure you get a keeper

True tone p3 and 120hz

A10x is nice but a9x is too and both have 4gb/same body

Wayyy better 7 camera too but its a camera on a tablet depends how you value that. Front facing is nice too

mofofofo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards holding onto my JB IPP now. I mostly use JB for NBA and NFL games when they're in season, so right now it's mostly just stock media consumption. I also checked out the new IPP at the Apple store and while the display is definitely nicer, I'm not sure it's a huge step forward. Thanks again, mate!

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards holding onto my JB IPP now. I mostly use JB for NBA and NFL games when they're in season, so right now it's mostly just stock media consumption. I also checked out the new IPP at the Apple store and while the display is definitely nicer, I'm not sure it's a huge step forward. Thanks again, mate!

No problem

I kinda regret selling my 12.9 now a handful of months ago but id now be torn between trying ios 11 on it and doing a jb config, which would be a no brainer except it'd be cool to have 9.7 pro jb which i would regardless and 12.9 gen 1 with options as a secondary. And not plunking down any cash

But two iPads just seemed excessive for me. I love the 12.9 but prefer easier to wield 9.7 as a tablet more than as anything else even having the keyboard and using it quite a lot still

I got an SE and 7+, and I don't wanna be that guy to also own two tablets

Still i dont think i ever want to get rid of this 9.7 pro on 10.2 if i ever do get another ipad down the road.

It's been serving me real well

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Great topic because I was on the same boat. My 12,9 iPad pro is jailbroken and I dont know if I should sell it or keep my IPP. Jailbreak on my iPad is not something I really care about, its more like a device I use to test tweaks before install it to my phone (because I care my jailbroken phone) otherwise, my iPad pro is basically used for viewing media videos.

I want the new iPad pro for the screen because I think the screen of the 1st gen 12,9 iPad is really dark compared to other iPad.

And for the 2 tablet thing, I have an iPad air 2 also and I use both equally iPad air 2 is used more for productivity purpose like surfing the web etc because the format is easier to hold and its more convivial and I also use it to test new iOS beta's. (currently on iOS 11 on my air 2)

IMO having two tablets is more useful than having 2 phones. I dont see myself constantly switching my sim card between my phones but its a matter of tastes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.