Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Do you guys think it's worth the change?

The specs are almost the same except for the Tegra 4 chip (which I guess will be better to power the high resolution display) and SD card. The dock would be nice to watch movies with the tablet on the desk, plus USB 3.0 could be awesome for using it with an external drive stored with movies and stuff.

The only disadvantage would be updates (better on the nexus). Also I need to see if the new Transformer tablet has the performance issues of the previous model due to bad I/O, but I expect Asus to have fixed that with the new model.

I'm a little disappointed with the poor developer community the Nexus 10 has. Not many good roms, for example. The Nexus 7 and 4 have far better developer support.

Right now I'm happy with my Nexus 10 thanks to CM 10.1 and the AOSP browser, which is miles better than any other browser. Another advantage to the Nexus 10 is the official images, which can fix the tablet of you brick it (which I did the other day and the stock image saved my ass).

Suggestions? Anybody else interested in the new Transformer Pad Infinity?

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
It looks VERY enticing as a device to replace my Acer A500. One thing I'll miss (and I don't think ANYONE is doing it so it shouldn't be an issue) is the on-device USB port that I've used for actually charging my phone off the tablet and can be used to copy files to the tablet from a camera.

I'm waiting to see what Samsung brings on June 20, the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 announced this weekend looks underwhelming compared to the Asus. I'm curious if they'll announce a new Nexus at a Samsung event (Samsung builds the Nexus 10).

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
It looks VERY enticing as a device to replace my Acer A500. One thing I'll miss (and I don't think ANYONE is doing it so it shouldn't be an issue) is the on-device USB port that I've used for actually charging my phone off the tablet and can be used to copy files to the tablet from a camera.

I'm waiting to see what Samsung brings on June 20, the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 announced this weekend looks underwhelming compared to the Asus. I'm curious if they'll announce a new Nexus at a Samsung event (Samsung builds the Nexus 10).

The docking station does have a full size usb port so thats still an option.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Tegra = no no no

So many reports of that chip sucking in real life usage all the time. After T2 and T3, i doubt T4 is going to cut it.

Just look at the N7 users complaining, which is a tegra device, while the N4 is happily blazing with a snapdragon inside.

Exynos or Snapdragon or nothing.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Tegra = no no no

So many reports of that chip sucking in real life usage all the time. After T2 and T3, i doubt T4 is going to cut it.

Just look at the N7 users complaining, which is a tegra device, while the N4 is happily blazing with a snapdragon inside.

Exynos or Snapdragon or nothing.

Yeah that's a concern. We'll have to wait and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.