Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Hello!
I would like to sell my current iPad Air on eBay and upgrade to the iPad Pro. I own the iPad Air with cellular and it has been activated on my T-Mobile account. Should I sell the iPad Air without the SIM card? Or is there a way to wipe the SIM card/remove the device from my account? I want the next owner to be able to set up the cellular connection like I did originally. Thanks for your help!

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Never sell with a SIM card left installed. If you really want to be a good seller, go to Apple Store and ask for a new Apple SIM and put it in after wiping the device. That way the new owner gets to set it up like new.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
An Apple SIM will not work on an iPad Air, only on the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 or 4. You can either get a new T-Mobile SIM card, ($4.99 at BestBuy) deactivate your current SIM and remove it from your account through T-Mobile, or sell the iPad without a SIM card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.