Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
When is the best time to sell a XS Max
Phone was on the upgrade program but I never upgraded last year
so it will have Apple Care until end of September

Always thought it be slightly better to sell it on with a little Apple Care on it so the newer buyer has that piece of mind, he can take it in for repairs has a backup.

jabbok

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
I always sell my iPhone just before the new ones are coming out this way I can get a good price for it before Apple drops the price of the older models.

Reactions: DevinNj

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
If you don't want it, the sooner you sell it, the better. But if you can use it, it doesn't really matter when you sell it. It's value drops with time but you're getting use out of it.

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
if you want to sell for good price sell now . Starting Aug you will see lot of deals on this model of iphone

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Thx for the replies
its still currently in use so better to hold on to Aug by then guess we might know if the 12 is gonna be delayed
can always use my lads S8 temporary for a few weeks

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
All solid advice from everyone above. I also think you should list it for sale now if you have a phone or something in the works, that you plan to use when you sell your Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.