Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n1ck

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I have an Apple TV 2 with 4.4.4 that is jailbroken and headed to Ebay.

Normally if I sell an Apple product I will wipe it first - obviously I cant do that so is there any risk that personal details / itunes are still stored somewhere in the file system? I have logged out of everything and deleted the wifi password etc.

Also is there any way to wipe any user details from the installation of XBMC?

blakkout

macrumors member
May 28, 2013
I have an Apple TV 2 with 4.4.4 that is jailbroken and headed to Ebay.

Normally if I sell an Apple product I will wipe it first - obviously I cant do that so is there any risk that personal details / itunes are still stored somewhere in the file system? I have logged out of everything and deleted the wifi password etc.

Also is there any way to wipe any user details from the installation of XBMC?

Apple TV 2 can be restored to current iOS version or whatever iOS you have saved blobs for. Use Seas0nPass or equivalent. If you didn't save the blobs when Apple was signing, Seas0nPass/iFaith will pull the current installed ones so 4.4.4 for you. Make sure you're not using the most recent version of iTunes (I personally prefer 10.7 for this type of stuff).

If you're ok with not restoring and just want to reset XBMC, SSH into the Apple TV and run this:

Code:
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

n1ck

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for the reply - I guess if I change my itunes password there's no real risk with not wiping the Apple TV but I can reset XBMC with your tip. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.