Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have decided I am just going to trade my iPhone X in and buy myself an iPhone 8, I have been offered £860 from o2 Recycle which I think is pretty fair so going to go ahead and send it off for trade in, my iPhone X has a small scratch/dent on the corner of the stainless steel which is about 1 mm, it says on the o2 website that general wear and tear doesn't matter, do you think this is just general wear and tear? Thanks

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have decided I am just going to trade my iPhone X in and buy myself an iPhone 8, I have been offered £860 from o2 Recycle which I think is pretty fair so going to go ahead and send it off for trade in, my iPhone X has a small scratch/dent on the corner of the stainless steel which is about 1 mm, it says on the o2 website that general wear and tear doesn't matter, do you think this is just general wear and tear? Thanks
I'd sell over Craigslist or something because I feel like you'll get ripped off from o2...they'll probably get the device then offer 400 for it

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Hello everyone,

If you bought from Apple just ask to swap directly stating you have issues using the X. As the X is so new just lay it on thick and at least you will remain a customer because you'll be sticking with iphone.

If you bought elsewhere surely you'll get a better price selling on eBay?

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I'd sell over Craigslist or something because I feel like you'll get ripped off from o2...they'll probably get the device then offer 400 for it

hey thank
If you bought from Apple just ask to swap directly stating you have issues using the X. As the X is so new just lay it on thick and at least you will remain a customer because you'll be sticking with iphone.

If you bought elsewhere surely you'll get a better price selling on eBay?

hey, thanks for both of your replies, sold my phones with o2 in the past and its been an easy process but would be nice to get some extra dosh for the phone, so I will think about ebay or craigslist, if i do sell it do o2 though do you think the small scratch/dent would be an issue?

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Its not even the scratches it just i miss everything about the 8, the bezels, the touch id, the aluminium band

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Maybe not, when I traded in a phone previously with my carrier I asked about scratches and they said the scratch had to be a certain length or less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
look im not usually this ocd with my phones its just i felt different with this phone, do you think that the scratch/dent on the phone counts as just wear and tear?

I have to disagree with you, based on your thread history, you are very particular about every little thing with your Apple devices, which tends not to be the healthiest. But of course that's your prerogative , because they are your Apple products. But when you get your iPhone 8, just use it for what it is and appreciate it, and don't look for every flaw.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Took it in to o2 store today instead of sending it, just ordered my iPhone 8 Plus 256gb even though dont have have money for my x yet lol

Reactions: MyMacintosh

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Took it in to o2 store today instead of sending it, just ordered my iPhone 8 Plus 256gb even though dont have have money for my x yet lol
Nice and don’t forget to buy a case + screen protector for your new phone otherwise you will be creating 40 threads in the next few days asking if that little scratch on the glass could have damaged your phone...

Reactions: MarkX

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Nice and don’t forget to buy a case + screen protector for your new phone otherwise you will be creating 40 threads in the next few days asking if that little scratch on the glass could have damaged your phone...
Bought the new flash and spicy orange cases as well as a belkin screen protector, also treating myself to a new ceramic apple watch edition. :)

Reactions: iOSUser7

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Bought the new flash and spicy orange cases as well as a belkin screen protector, also treating myself to a new ceramic apple watch edition. :)

In your case for scratches, the ceramic model Apple Watch was probably your best choice. Expensive, but is highly scratch resistant and durable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.