Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
I use WordPress and an image gallery plugin that supports its own e-commerce & print drop shipping. As I get into the business & work with individual clients, would it be best to set up sub domains instead of accounts? So for instance... Jack & Jill get married & they buy their package, but family members want to buy prints in the future after the fact. Doing research, I've seen plugins like Buddy Press & Easy Digital Downloads, but they seem like they're too much work to be honest. Would setting up a user.yourwebsite.com for each client be better?

I'm looking for your input & ideas. Thank you for sharing!

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
I use WordPress and an image gallery plugin that supports its own e-commerce & print drop shipping. As I get into the business & work with individual clients, would it be best to set up sub domains instead of accounts? So for instance... Jack & Jill get married & they buy their package, but family members want to buy prints in the future after the fact. Doing research, I've seen plugins like Buddy Press & Easy Digital Downloads, but they seem like they're too much work to be honest. Would setting up a user.yourwebsite.com for each client be better?

I'm looking for your input & ideas. Thank you for sharing!
What if you set each client up with their own Wordpress user login ... and create purchase pages that only that specific user can view ?

• Love
Reactions: pwhitehead

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
What if you set each client up with their own Wordpress user login ... and create purchase pages that only that specific user can view ?
So each client would have it's own WP login & within WordPress, you can set that user's permission's for page viewing? Would I need a 3rd party plugin like Buddy Press? Can you please explain further? Thanks!

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
So each client would have it's own WP login & within WordPress, you can set that user's permission's for page viewing? Would I need a 3rd party plugin like Buddy Press? Can you please explain further? Thanks!

Hey sorry I forgot to respond! You should be able to create single pages for each user only they can see. I do not think you will need a plug-in ... I’ll dig into one of my wordpress sites tomorrow and see what I come up with

DanTheMan827

macrumors regular
May 9, 2012
Depending on your business, you may also be interested in SmugMug, they allow you to create hidden password-protected galleries and also allows you to sell the photos as prints or digital files.

https://www.smugmug.com/plans/portfolio

I believe it also gives you "unlimited" storage, so you could keep the galleries up indefinitely if you desired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.