Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
Hi,

Does anyone know how to send files from my I-Phone to my Comp. wirelessly? I tried Air Share but i cant add my photos to its folder. I could only send files from my comp to my I-Phone to view !

Thanks,

Berke

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Hi,

Does anyone know how to send files from my I-Phone to my Comp. wirelessly? I tried Air Share but i cant add my photos to its folder. I could only send files from my comp to my I-Phone to view !

Thanks,

Berke

DataCase, by far tthe best one to me, it's 6.99, but it's really nice. There's a review on my site

Zym

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
datacase and dropcopy looks great thank you,

but will I be able to send files from my iphone to my computer like pics most importantly so that i dont need to connect with the cable every time.

Because i could not see, that is mentioned in these apps?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
datacase and dropcopy looks great thank you,

but will I be able to send files from my iphone to my computer like pics most importantly so that i dont need to connect with the cable every time.

Because i could not see, that is mentioned in these apps?

Unfortunately, there's no app that will copy files from other parts of the phone (Pictures *though some might allow you to move the preview of pictures already taken but not full sized pictures*, Music Files, etc...) to your computer.

Each application lives in it's own little eco system and cannot see the rest of the phone's file system. so drop case and the likes will allow you to copy files to your phone and back, but you won't be able to move files from other parts of the phone.

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
thats sad to hear that :(

hopefully we can see that type of app. in future.

thanks for all the help !

ecume

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2003
DropCopy can access the entire filesystem

actually dropcopy can do this. When you launch the app you double-tap in the bottom left of the screen above the menu bar and it brings up a shortcuts menu. One of the options is the photos folder (called DCIM, think) which lets you then send the full-res images to your computer.

thats sad to hear that :(

hopefully we can see that type of app. in future.

thanks for all the help !

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
actually dropcopy can do this. When you launch the app you double-tap in the bottom left of the screen above the menu bar and it brings up a shortcuts menu. One of the options is the photos folder (called DCIM, think) which lets you then send the full-res images to your computer.

I would think that would go againts the API, it shouldn't be allowed to touch the full sized images, as far as I know.

Of course I could be totally wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.