Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
So things did not go to plan today. I went in person to trade in Iphone 13 Pro at Apple store. Started to do trade in and they told me 550. I told them I had been quoted 600 before. The only way to get the 600 is to send it in. I do not want to do it that way but I do not want to eat 50 bucks. Anyway it is packed up and ready, where do I take it? FEDEX , USPS, UPS?

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
I really don’t know, but maybe you could request that a shipping label be emailed to you. Take all the guesswork out. Good luck.

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
To trade in online, you have to initiate a trade in via the Apple Website. Their partner sends you a box complete with shipping label. Mine have always been UPS. My most recent trade in was received in a week and I've already received my online gift card.

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
That is all done the box is ready just don't know exactly where to take it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Do you have the shipping label that apple has provide you for trade in? usually it's fedex that you take it to.

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Yes label is on it. Just hard to tell. I guess I just really need to really study the label.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Look at the tracking number. If it's numeric only, it's Fedex. If it starts with '1Z' it's UPS.
Or you can take it to a shipping location that handles both, like Pak-Mail.

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
It is FED EX.. I am going to take a picture dropping it off there. I took pictures of the phone in perfect condition. Let's hope it goes smooth.

Reactions: compwiz1202

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Was about to walk into store to send it off and Fed Ex driver was driving by me walking in so I gave it to him.

kpluck

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2018
Sacramento
After the horrible Apple trade-in experience I had, and based on what I have read from others, I would only consider dropping off at the store for a trade-in going forward. I would suggest taking the $550 but to each, their own.

-kp

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
I was really tempted to do just that ,but against my better judgement I sent it in..

Reactions: max2

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
So things did not go to plan today. I went in person to trade in Iphone 13 Pro at Apple store. Started to do trade in and they told me 550. I told them I had been quoted 600 before. The only way to get the 600 is to send it in. I do not want to do it that way but I do not want to eat 50 bucks. Anyway it is packed up and ready, where do I take it? FEDEX , USPS, UPS?
The official trade in value for the 13 Pro is $550, both in store and online. They were lowered on November 10.

If your order was before November 10 then you will get the $600, but if your order was after November 10, the value is only $550.

The Apple Store employee was also wrong, as once your trade in is processed it credits you back the amount promised at the time of ordering (unless of course, you ordered after Nov. 10). Obviously if you used an Apple Card you already got the credit.

Reactions: max2

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
So in less than a week I got my trade in back.. The actual money back on CC should be about 5 days or less. Happy to report that I got the whole 600 back which I was nervous about even though phone was pristine. Also got the tax back of 80 bucks which I paid in gift cards.

Reactions: antiprotest

reggavegga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
So I was a little wrong about trade in. Giving me 520 back on CC and 80 dollars in GC which is how I paid for some of it. Well it adds up to 600 I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.